Sunday, October 17, 2021

SG Ep 2: Hell

Squid Game

Episode 2: "Hell"

I'm freshly showered, and we're in hell.  Seems like a metaphor for something.  Here we go with episode 2!

  • Those big cremation boxes look like the one from the claw machine.  Hmmm...
  • Wait.  That person was still alive?!?!?  
  • My first thought was "what about that last rule where they would end the game if a majority wants out?  Question answered, and I didn't have to wait until, like, episode 5 for them to figure that one out.
  • They did have a point, though: out here in the real world, it's bad, too.  They just have to follow the rules to stay alive and maybe get some cash.  Not that I'm volunteering.
  • "This is just a game."  Suddenly, all of the sportscasters and/or athletes that say that just seem so insignificant to me right now.
  • I love that the prize money is in a big piggy bank.  Just like the game is for kids, it's something kids would use to stash their money.  Except not in a clear one, because you really shouldn't let people see how much they can steal.
  • How dare Seong Gi-hun swear on his mother! And then she ends up in the hospital. See? Don't do that!
  • The slippers in the hallway of the dorm!  So classically real.
  • Hey...it's that box again!
  • That boss was just playing games on his PC instead of working to get some money to pay his staff.  
  • Ooh....cute detective.
  • The cards are back!  
  • I think that Player 001 is a plant, or a ringer, or something.  He's supposed to have dementia, but he remembers Seong's face and his number?!
  • Hmmm...eating ramen the crunchy way with seasoning, or maybe that was soy sauce?  I don't know, but I've never thought of doing that...and now I want ramen for lunch.
  • "Out here, the torture is worse."
  • OK, let's say the gangster gets his people to attack the person driving the van. How would he know where to go in order to get the money?  Does he think it would just be on the GPS and that they wouldn't be armed at the entrance?
  • I guess my people don't use guns.
  • You see, some people in debt look like fancy businessmen.  His poor mom.
  • I'm rooting for the girl now, too.  She's feisty, and she loves her family.  I mean, her methods aren't so good, but I'm still rooting for her.
  • I'm also rooting for the guy that let his boss' hand get smashed and ran away with his cash.  Should I worry about myself right now?
Ready for the next one, Player 456?

No comments:

Post a Comment