Saturday, February 23, 2019

Stop Putting Cookies on My Face!

In anticipation of the next day's Oscars Week panel for Animated Features, my friends and I watched the only film on the list that we had not seen yet: "Mirai".  Our showing was in Japanese with English subtitles.


  • That sweep of the background down to the house was dizzying.  Beautiful, though.
  • The layout of the house is really cool, with the tree in the middle.  It reminds me of a friend's house, and I remember looking at it and wishing I had a house like that.
  • Kun has quite the imagination...or did those things actually happen?
  • Mmmm....Japanese snacks...especially that cake with the jelly and the things in it!
  • From an older sibling's point of view, some of that jealousy was spot on.  I mean, I don't think I was quite that bratty, but I know I didn't like it when Bro arrived, because he took all of the attention away.  I now welcome it.  :)
  • The baby's gone!
  • "We're going to play the Bee Game."
  • I like that the time tunnel thing is made up of music notes.
  • Sugar rush = kids making a complete mess of the house
  • Kun's great grandpa was cute!  
  • Nice to see some hand-drawn animation on the big screen again.
I enjoyed this movie, and I would like to see more of director Mamoru Hosoda's films.

No comments:

Post a Comment