Sunday, October 21, 2018

Never Stop Doing Right

Cindy had an extra ticket for a special screening of "The Hate U Give", and I was a willing recipient!  Yay for free popcorn and drinks, too.


  • OK, I never knew that Tupac's Thug Life was an acronym for "The Hate U Give Little Infants F*cks Everybody.  Now I do, and you do, too!
  • Amandla Stenberg does a fantastic job in this movie, covering all of the emotions of her character.
  • "Sounds like Hailey saw 'Straight Outta Compton' again last night."
  • K.J. Apa reminds me of a young version of Ty Burrell.  Oh, that's where I've seen him!  He's Archie on "Riverdale".  I've only seen one episode.
  • "Hoedom is universal."
  • "We've been together our whole lives, so we've still got time."
  • "Don't let anybody make you be quiet."
  • "If you don't see my blackness, then you don't see me."
  • "Did Sekani know?"
  • Russell Hornsby was also great as Starr's dad.  Actually, they all did a great job!
  • "I would tell him to put his hands up."  Chilling.  The world is just wrong.
  • I've been craving fried chicken ever since I saw the scene in the restaurant.
  • I'm going to need to see Anthony Mackie as Falcon before I like him again, because he was not a nice person in this film.
Great, great movie with a powerful message. I'm adding the book to my reading list. Thank you, Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment