Friday, October 12, 2018

Check-In Time

This morning, I decided to see "Bad Times at the El Royale" after work tonight.  

  • I knew this movie would be violent, but I still jumped at the sound of the first gunshot.  
  • "What is this, some kind of pervert hotel?"
  • I thought at first that Jon Hamm was going to be like Don fake Draper, then I realized that he was a good guy, and then I got sad.
  • "Why have a bell?"
  • For those of you that get confused, this Jeff is Bridges.  Not the other one.  He does a fine job, as usual, but I did want to hear him sing along when Darlene sang.
  • Yes, I am willing to watch Chris Hemsworth walk around shirtless.  I will make that sacrifice.
  • How?  How did this intense movie make me cry near the end?  
  • I love hearing good singers sing a cappella.  Cynthia Ervio was great!
  • I also enjoyed Lewis Pullman's Miles.  I couldn't figure out his deal at first, then it made sense to me and I liked him more. 
  • Rose was creepy.  She didn't even cry about her sister, and she was wearing boots with what looked like a nightgown.
  • Ah, there's the portion of the score we heard at the LOST concert, when they did an encore.  Nice.
  • Loved hearing the different reactions from the audience throughout the film, because they mirrored my *gasp*, giggles, and "WHAT?!?!"
I enjoyed this movie, despite the creepy girl.  Great acting, great music, and lots of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment