Sunday, October 7, 2018

Celestial Birth

The much-anticipated new "A Star Is Born" opened this weekend!  I wasn't able to see it until today, but was able to snag a seat to watch it in Dolby.

  • I already knew Lady Gaga could sing, but WOW! She can act, too.  Splendidly.
  • How is this possible?  Bradley Cooper was already an amazing actor.  Now he's directing, writing, producing this movie, singing, AND writing songs?!?!  He just couldn't stick with handsome?  AND he's Rocket?  WHAT?
  • I love that Gaga was able to get her Little Monsters community into the film.
  • "I think you might be a songwriter.  Don't worry, I won't tell anybody.  But I'm not very good at keeping secrets."
  • "I'm wearing my Jackson titties!"
  • Tears.  So. Many. Tears.  Some happy as dreams were achieved, some sad.
  • Sam Elliot, I wanted to hear you sing, too.
  • "The one I idolized was you."  Dammit, I'm crying again.
  • "Music is essentially 12 notes between any octave.  12 notes in the octave repeats.  It's the same story told over and over.  All that the artist can offer the world is how they see those 12 notes."
  • One of the first things I did when I got home was purchase the soundtrack on Amazon.  I really liked all of the songs.
Sigh.  I think it's better if I just keep listening to the soundtrack, and not watch the movie over and over because I might get dehydrated from all of the tears.  Loved it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment