Sunday, July 29, 2018

Have A Coke and a Smile, B***h

After a day of blogging yesterday, I needed to spend some time today...attending a movie so I can blog again.  I went to the mall after church, had an egg tart and peach iced tea at Paris Baguette, then went to the movie theater to see "Sorry to Bother You".  

  • So when people live in someone's garage, they leave the garage door as-is, and that's how they leave their abode?
  • "40 on two."
  • If Danny Glover knew how to use his white voice, why wasn't he already a Power Caller?
  • Why don't we ever learn the name of the guy with the weird beard who recruits Cassius to be a Power Caller?
  • I did not realize how bizarre this movie would be when I saw the trailer.  I thought it would just be funny.  It's funny, but it's bizarre.  Actually, I didn't realize it was so bizarre until I had to go to the restroom during the middle of the film, and when I returned, Armie Hammer was showing Cassius a claymation video about turning people into horses.  Yes, even with the crazy pep talk recording in the elevator.
  • I mean, it's bizarre, but I totally got the messages of the satire. 
  • "If you show people a problem, and they don't know what to do about it, they just get used to it."
  • Why didn't Cassius change the bandage on his forehead ever?  I have a lot of questions.
  • Tessa Thompson's earrings = cray cray
  • Love that the ending credit shows the film as a product of WorryFree.
Well, it's an art film, and I'm not a big art-film person, but I did enjoy it up to that part with Armie Hammer and forward.  Then it was just weird.  If you like weird, go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment