Sunday, July 8, 2018

World's Greatest Grandma

My friends and I spent the day at the mall yesterday, starting with a viewing of "Ant-Man and The Wasp".  After we watched the trailers, the IMAX countdown started, and then...the alarm in the theater was set off and we had to evacuate.  There we were, outside the AMC, thankfully still in air conditioning, with all of the other people that were evacuated from the 12 theaters.  Eventually, we were allowed to go inside, and they started the projector again from the IMAX countdown.  Luckily for us, we had not missed a moment of the film, nor was it interrupted, plus we got vouchers to return for another movie!  Thanks, AMC.


  • Love the opening adventure of Scott and his daughter.  It reminded me of "The Goonies".
  • Two years is a long time to be under house arrest.  He must order stuff from Amazon.
  • Love all of the action with stuff shrinking or getting big and the effect on whatever is around said stuff, like when they turn the van from toy size to regular size while underneath the car chasing them, and that car being thrown into the air.
  • The Wasp kicks ass.
  • The Ghost is creepy.  I didn't much like her character.
  • <whispering> "Baba Yaga"
  • Laurence Fishburne starts talking about Quantum Physics, and I start wondering if he's going to tell us that we're in the Matrix.
  • One of my friends was very happy to see her alma mater in the film. Go, Cal!
  • I love Luis' stories, and the ensuing reenactments.  They remind me of "Drunk History", currently one of my favorite shows on TV.
  • "Do you just put the word 'quantum' in front of everything?"
  • "You want a juice box and some string cheese?"  "Do you really have that?"
  • I liked Paul Rudd's delivery as Michelle Pfeiffer's character acting through Scott's body.
  • I want that whole case of little cars that can turn big.  I would also like to just carry my house around with me in a little box.
  • "You can do it. You can do anything.  You're the World's Greatest Grandma."
  • "Do you want to go to dinner?"
  • That mid-credits scene!  Aaaaahhhhh! Oh, no!
That was fun, although I think I liked the first one more than I liked this one.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Scott gets out of his predicament.


No comments:

Post a Comment