Sunday, January 7, 2018

Seize Your Moment

Well, in all of the catching up I was doing on this blog, I completely forgot that I hadn't shared my thoughts about "Coco!"  I saw this the day after Thanksgiving with my friend Linda.

  • I started crying with the opening credits.  I figured I was done for.  I was right.  Pretty sure it wasn't just because I was so happy that the "Frozen" short was finally over.
  • Love the Disney logo with the cemetery in the background.
  • Yes, as a musician, the thought of someone who had to hide their love for music kills me.   But it was more than that which made me love this movie: it was the love of family.
  • The landscapes were gorgeous, especially the Marigold Bridge and the whole Land of the Dead.
  • I learned a lot about Dia De Los Muertos, which I only knew a little bit about before I saw the film.  Lovely tradition.
  • I liked the way the skeletons moved, and the way Miguel tried to move like them.
  • "I'm supposed to play music!"
  • Awww....Hector.
  • Plot twist!  I had a feeling it would go that way, but not until pretty late in the movie.
  • Cute that one of the characters' names is Chicharron.  I love chicharron.  Now I'm hungry.
I cried A LOT during this movie.  Pixar has done it again.  Muchas Gracias, Pixar.

No comments:

Post a Comment