Bro and V came over to my house a little bit early on NYE so we could see "Pitch Perfect3" before heading out to Anaheim. We all love the Pitch Perfect movies, because, HELLO, A CAPPELLA! We'd seen the second one together, so we were finishing out the trilogy (and 2017) together, too. I was excited to use my AMC Stubs perk to upgrade to a large popcorn because that bucket is too big for just me. Somehow we finished it together.
- Wait. Is this an action movie now?
- So do they all share that one bed? Or maybe just Beca and Amy? That place is tiny.
- Aw, no Jesse? I'm so depressed.
- I liked the New Barden Bellas' "Sit Still, Look Pretty". I also thought their outfits were cute.
- Fave song of the film is "Freedom 90 x Cups". I love the George Michael "Freedom 90" and they did it justice.
- Not enough a cappella for me. I get that the point was for them to excel above acts with instruments, but I still wanted more a/c.
- "We like to keep it oral."
- Loved all of the fun of the riff off, with the country band singing stuff out of their genre.
- "Evermoist? More like Never Moist."
- My favorite USO outfit was the red/white striped halter top with the blue jeans. Not that I could pull that off, because *horizontal stripes*.
- Wasn't fond of Lithgow's Australian accent. Maybe because Rebel Wilson's is real, so his is clearly not.
- Loved seeing Amy kick butt on the yacht.
- Nice to see behind-the-scenes clips from all 3 movies during the credits.
This was fun, but I still prefer the original. You know I'm going to watch it over and over again, though, right? It's a cappella!