Anyway, on to the movie.
- I remember Jacob Tremblay from "Room" and was impressed by him back then. I'm even more impressed now. He's just incredible, and I loved him from the first words he spoke in the film.
- "Dude, this is AFTER plastic surgery! It takes a lot of work to look this good."
- All the kids in this film are good, actually, and I really liked Noah Jupe, whom plays Jack Will.
- The film's story is brought from different perspectives of the folks around Auggie, and how they deal with his first day going to school after being home schooled due to his condition. I enjoyed this format a lot. I need to read the book to see if it's written that way, too.
- I don't think Owen Wilson should be allowed in any more movies with a dog as a family pet. I'm just saying.
- "I know you don't always like it, but I love it. It's my son's face!"
- Julia Roberts is great, as usual. I loved her reaction when Auggie says he's bringing his friend home to play for the first time.
- "You can't blend in when you were born to stand out."
- Dude, Auggie's astronaut comforter is awesome.
- Why didn't I have a teacher like Mr. Brown? Daveed Diggs has charisma, and I like it.
- I like Auggie's sister's nickname, "Via". I also like the actress playing her, Izabela Vidovic. I cried with her. Actually, I cried with everyone. This movie made me a mess of tears.
- "Auggie can't change the way he looks. So maybe we should change the way we see."
- "When given the choice between being right and being kind, choose kind."
I enjoyed this movie, and I look forward to reading the book. If you watch it and you don't cry, be kind, and don't tell me.