Sunday, March 19, 2017

Monkey Day

My friends and I saw "Kong: Skull Island" today.  It was Mox's second time to see it, so we saw it in 3D.  On the way in to the mall, I saw that they have a new place in the mall called "Monkey Bar" and decided we should go there afterward to make it a theme day.  But first, we needed to get our tickets and obtain refreshments, during which time I got irritated by people whom went up to the counter to order but didn't have the person in the party that was supposed to pay.  Maybe you should wait before holding up the line of people that would like to be on time for their movies.  People make me crazy.  We arrived at our seats during the trailers.  I was disappointed that the only 3D movie trailer we saw was for "Ghost in a Shell".  I'm not planning on seeing that one.


  • The first reveal of Kong: WHOA.
  • Tom Hiddleston is so yummy when he kicks butt.
  • "Hoooold on to your butts!"  -- Hey, that line sounds familiar, Samuel L. Jackson.
  • That shot of the silhouette of Kong in front of the sun with the helicopters approaching it is awesome.
  • "Is that a monkey?"
  • Kong likes octopus sashimi.  Very fresh octopus sashimi.
  • Those of you that do not like spiders need to not watch a part of this movie, because wow, that was big, and ewwww.
  • Those skullcrawlers were yucky.  Those long tongues.  Yikes!
  • "I never said that name out loud before, it sounds stupid now that I think about it. You just call them whatever you want."
  • I heart John C. Reilly.
  • I like the soundtrack.  It includes "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress".
  • Irritated that they turned on the lights when the credits were still being shown.  You know, the credits when they're showing what happens when they get home.  A whole heckuva lot of people missed the ending tag.  Dummies.  It got me all excited!

See, people, this is what happens when you bomb an island that did nothing to you: birds tear you apart, lizards eat you, and spiders step into your mouth.  I really liked this movie, and am looking forward to the other installments.

Yes, we did end up at Monkey Bar.  During our discussion, John Gallagher, Jr.'s name came up.  You know what he's been in?  A show called "Love Monkey".

See?  Monkey Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment