Friday, November 25, 2016

High Fiving the Ocean

Bro and family and I saw "Moana" this morning.  Yup, I got to go with my ohana for a Disney movie!  We arrived early and there were plenty of seats available.  The theater filled up, though, and was almost full.

The live action "Beauty and the Beast" trailer made me cry.  I don't know what to make of the "Cars 3" trailer because it looked so real and I kinda freaked out about Lightning McQueen for a little while.  Then the "A Dog's Purpose" trailer played.  That's going to make me cry, isn't it?  

The short that played before the movie was "Inner Workings".  

  • He looks like Carl from "Up".
  • They showed the bladder while he was in the ocean and my reaction was "Uh oh!" 
  • Liked all of the different tombstone scenarios.
On to "Moana".
  • Moana has such a cute face!  I love her and her determined personality!
  • How was I already crying with her first song?!  Beautiful. Auli-i Cravalho has a gorgeous voice.
  • Those rays reminded me of swimming at the sand bar with Jenn.
  • "Bang the drum and find out who you are."
  • "You're Welcome" -- so very Lin Manuel Miranda, so very cool.  Loved it.
  • "You're wearing a nice dress, you've got an animal sidekick -- you're a princess."
  • How?  How does that water look so darn REAL? (The regular ocean water, not the Abyss water).
  • Moana's Gramma Tala = Pocahontas' Grandmother Willow
  • "My name is Moana" = "My name is Inigo Montoya"
  • "When you write on an oar with a bird's beak, it's called tweeting."
  • I want cute but vicious Kakamora coconuts!  You can make your own.  
  • So...does Heihei ever actually eat anything nutritious? 
  • Sven!
  • Loved the tag at the end of the credits: "If I was named Sebastian and I had a Jamaican accent, you know that you would be helping me out right now."
  • Also in the credits: Wreck It Ralph :)
I loved this movie.  I cried about 8 times.  Or 3 times, and the last one was just a long, continous cry.  I couldn't keep track by that time.  Looking forward to getting the soundtrack and learning all of the songs.

My Kakamoji

No comments:

Post a Comment