The live action "Beauty and the Beast" trailer made me cry. I don't know what to make of the "Cars 3" trailer because it looked so real and I kinda freaked out about Lightning McQueen for a little while. Then the "A Dog's Purpose" trailer played. That's going to make me cry, isn't it?
The short that played before the movie was "Inner Workings".
- He looks like Carl from "Up".
- They showed the bladder while he was in the ocean and my reaction was "Uh oh!"
- Liked all of the different tombstone scenarios.
On to "Moana".
- Moana has such a cute face! I love her and her determined personality!
- How was I already crying with her first song?! Beautiful. Auli-i Cravalho has a gorgeous voice.
- Those rays reminded me of swimming at the sand bar with Jenn.
- "Bang the drum and find out who you are."
- "You're Welcome" -- so very Lin Manuel Miranda, so very cool. Loved it.
- "You're wearing a nice dress, you've got an animal sidekick -- you're a princess."
- How? How does that water look so darn REAL? (The regular ocean water, not the Abyss water).
- Moana's Gramma Tala = Pocahontas' Grandmother Willow
- "My name is Moana" = "My name is Inigo Montoya"
- "When you write on an oar with a bird's beak, it's called tweeting."
- I want cute but vicious Kakamora coconuts! You can make your own.
- So...does Heihei ever actually eat anything nutritious?
- Loved the tag at the end of the credits: "If I was named Sebastian and I had a Jamaican accent, you know that you would be helping me out right now."
- Also in the credits: Wreck It Ralph :)
I loved this movie. I cried about 8 times. Or 3 times, and the last one was just a long, continous cry. I couldn't keep track by that time. Looking forward to getting the soundtrack and learning all of the songs.