Saturday, November 23, 2013

Iced

My friends belong to D23, and they invited me and a couple of other friends to see a sneak peek of "Frozen" at the El Capitan Theatre yesterday.  Here's what the box seat area looked like before the show:

As with all new movies at the El Cap, we got a special show, by "Images in Ice".  I thought that it was kind of lame because the sculptures were clearly partially pre-made, as we could see the form that would come out of the ice even before they started carving.  I know that they didn't have time to make the intricate designs that they showed on the slides, but I really wasn't whelmed by the whole thing.  Yay, they're pretty girls with chainsaws who dance around and carve ice.  Whatevs.

Elsa and Anna



I was hoping that we'd get a trailer for "Maleficent", because I know that Dodie would have liked to see the one that I saw the night before, but I guess they're saving that for another time.  

The short was "Get A Horse", which we thought was going to just be a classic MIckey cartoon, but it ended up being a whole lot more, using 3D so that the characters popped out of the movie screen.  It was a lot of fun, and very clever.  Nice one, Disney!

On to the main event:


  • Kristen Bell has a lovely singing voice.  I really liked her character of Anna.
  • I couldn't make out Idina Menzel's voice...until Elsa started to sing.  Then, I thought, "If that's not Idina, then I haven't listened to 'Wicked' enough."  Turns out that I have, and it was interesting that she was playing someone with magical powers again.
  • "The cold never bothered me anyway."  Love it!
  • Sven reminded me of the reindeer that dance in the Very Merry Christmas parade at Disneyland.
  • So is the white streak in Anna's hair from when she got hit by the magic when she was a kid
  • "Oh, look, I'm impaled."
  • Love the disclaimer about boogers at the end.  Also, someone gets credit for "caffienation"?
  • The icicles hanging from the trees were amazingly beautiful.
  • "You're gorgeous." -- That's so me when I'm being an idiot in front of Pella.
  • "Watch out for my butt!"
Well, that was enjoyable! The theatre lobby was themed really well with the snowflakes everywhere.  I hope that everyone enjoys this movie as much as my friends and I did.

Chandelier

Photo Op with Olaf

In the display case


No comments:

Post a Comment