Friday, November 22, 2013

The Quarter Quell

After I saw the first "Hunger Games" movie, I read the trilogy.  Then I couldn't wait for the next movie installment, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire".  I told myself that this would be the one movie I'd watch at midnight on opening day.  So there I went, to the Arclight Pasadena, to sit in a crowd of Katniss fans.  Here is the display in the lobby:

The preview I was most excited about was "Malificent", but "Divergent" looks good, too.  There's another series that I need to read.  But on to the Mockingjay.


  • The story was pretty true to the book, and as usual, it didn't have enough of the details that I remember, but then the movie would be about 4 hours long.  
  • Hello, Finnick!  Sam Claflin is a cutie.
  • Oh, Effie.  It's so touching to see her get all emotional when she says that they're a team.
  • "She has her mockingjay, I have my hair..."
  • "Attitude."
  • OMG, I love Stanley Tucci.
  • My goodness, Lenny Kravitz is hella sexy.
  • I cried along with Katniss when she is in District 11.  Not as much as when I read the book, but still...Jennifer Lawrence can just wreck me sometimes.
  • How is it fair that the Hemsworth brothers can both look so ruggedly handsome?  No ugly genes in that family.
  • I think I'm Team Peeta, though.  
  • The wedding dress/mockingjay dress was very, very cool.  So were the fire outfits.  
  • Loved the scene in the elevator.
  • "Remember who the real enemy is."
That was fun.  I'm thinking that I need to take the day off when "Mockingjay" comes out, to make it a triple feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment