Sunday, June 16, 2013

Topiaries Two, the EPCOT Barbecue

Walt Disney World Trip
EPCOT Again
Friday, March 8, 2013

We finished packing in the morning -- well, I tried to, but hadn't received my package express stuff from Animal Kingdom.  Their services weren't open yet, so I decided to just go with Linda to EPCOT for free time before going home.

At the entrance, we saw that the topiaries had been updated so that Mickey and friends were at a barbecue.  They added a string of hot dogs in Pluto's mouth.  Cute.

Dog with Dogs
 We were hungry and had one last dining plan credit to use, so we ate at Sunshine Seasons Food Court, and watched everyone hurry to get fast passes for Soarin'.  We didn't feel like going on that, even though it would be a slightly different ride.  So we went to Journey Into Imagination with Figment.  We made our own Figments, and conducted music with invisible instruments.  


The Flower & Garden Festival wasn't open quite yet, so we hung out in Future World and watched the JAMMitors for a bit.  
JAMM on it!

Lawn Flamingo
Then we went back to the Festival, and learned about the trees planted at Disneyland, and saw some cute merchandise.  They also displayed the new Disney collection for Vera Bradley, which is probably going to make Linda finally buy a VB purse for herself.  
Vera Bradley Disney Collection 

We went back to the hotel, and I took pictures of Ariel and her friends by the pool.  We still had no packages.  So I called again, and they told me to check with the front desk.  Um, DUH, Sherry!  I was supposed to pick up my package in the hotel gift shop this whole time.  So when I was buying something earlier in the week, and I happened to be underneath the sign that said Package Express, I guess I didn't think that the sign pertained to me.  I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Ariel, poolside
We got our stuff together and took a shuttle bus back to MCO.   We sat by the window to watch the planes come and go, and our flight home was fairly uneventful, but it still looked cool inside. I didn't choose as much music to play this time, but went backward from what I had chosen before, so that I could hear the artists that were at the end of the alphabet.  

When we got back to LAX, Linda was amazed at my ability to flag down the shuttle driver.  I made sure to leave our luggage with Linda by the elevator, so that we didn't have to haul them up a flight of stairs, and picked her up.  I brought Linda home, and we said our goodbyes.

Thank you, Linda, for such a fun trip!  I'm glad that I was able to celebrate your birthday with you in such a grand way.  :)

Oh, and in case you're wondering...I never found any highlighter pens.  I'll bring my own next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment