Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sigh No More, Ladies

After seeing Man of Steel, we had lunch at Islands, then went to DSW so I could find a beautiful pair of blue Bandolino pumps for $38.00. Nice! Anyway, our 2nd movie for the day was "Much Ado About Nothing". 

  •  While we were waiting for the movie to start, I notified Linda that the music playing in the theater was from the score of "Shakespeare In Love". She, of course, was not surprised that I would know such a thing. It wasn't until 5 minutes into the movie when I realized how appropriate the music was for the film we were about to watch. Duh, Sher.  It's Shakespeare! 
  • I love Joss Whedon, and I love that, like most directors, he likes to work with the same actors as he's worked with before. 
  • I love seeing Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker working together again! They were really cute as two people who said they wouldn't fall in love. Also, their physical comedy was hysterical.
  •  If you don't think you'll understand the dialogue because it's Shakespearean, that's OK. Give it a few minutes and you'll get the hang of it. It's been a while since I've listened to anything Shakespearean, so it took a few minutes for me to get my bearings again. But then again, I love the Bard.
  • Lovely score.  I like that they used the lyrics from the actual play's songs.
  • Tom Lenk and Nathan Fillion are hilarious together as partner cops.
  •  So this is where the Whedons live?! What a gorgeous house! I heard later that she is an architect and designed it herself.  I would like for her to design a house for me, and I would ask for a lot of window seats.
  •  Knave dude just walks in on prince's bro and other knave while they're making out, and then he just keeps on talking to them?  I remember that happening in SiL, too. Is that a Shakespearean thing?
  •  It's hard for me not to see that guy as Agent Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I did like his portrayal of Leonato.  
  • They sure did drink a lot during this movie. 
  • I'd like to see another Shakespeare play directed by Joss Whedon. Dare I ask for The Scottish Play?

No comments:

Post a Comment