Saturday, January 26, 2013

3.14

I had some time before meeting up with friends in the OC, so I watched "Life of Pi".

  • GORGEOUS.  The vibrant colors, the amazing cinematography, everything.  Just gorgeous.  I'm glad that I saw it in 3D.
  • I'm a fan of Ang Lee's again.  Not that I stopped since "Crouching Tiger..", but that was the last one of his that really affected me.
  • Hippo!  Aw, poor hippo.  Hippo again!
  • Wow, that's a lot of damn meerkats.  Cute little things.  I loved watching them during our trip to San Diego last year.
  • Oh, Richard Parker, you scary thing.  I liked watching you catching the flying fish.
  • I liked all of the actors playing the different ages of Pi.  
  • Is it me, or was that carnivorous island shaped like a human lying down on his/her back?  It reminds me of my recurrent nightmare of my youth, where the foothills were actually King Kong waiting to wake up.  (While reading about this, I now know that the island is in the shape of a supine Vishnu).
  • Whales are really, really big.  
  • Also, hyenas have creeped me out ever since I saw "The Lion King".
  • Ooh, those luminescent jellyfish.  Have I told you that this film is gorgeous?
  • I really liked all of the ways that the different religions were referenced.  "Thank you, Vishnu, for introducing me to Christ."
  • "But Columbus was looking for India!"
  • "Above all, don't lose hope."
Isn't that what life is all about?  Hope and faith?  If it's not in yours, I pity you.  Go see a wonderful movie like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment