Sunday, January 13, 2019

Power Play

Today, I decided to see Christian Bale in "Vice".  I had been looking forward to seeing this movie since I saw the trailer, and based on his Golden Globes acceptance speech, what's better to see after a very inspirational hour of church?  


  • So it's Batman from one universe, and Lois Lane from another universe, and I'm wondering if Superman from any universe is happy about this pairing.
  • I do, however, like Adams and Bale together.  It reminded me of seeing them together in "American Hustle".
  • My new theory is that the world might have been a better place if Lynne had dumped Dick and married someone else.
  • Steve Carell had that Rumsfeld smile perfect.  It was kind of scary.
  • I don't know enough history.  I had no idea that Cheney started as an intern at the NIxon White House.
  • "So, what do we believe?"
  • Bale, as usual, is outstanding in his portrayal of Cheney.  I wish he would stop doing such crazy things to his body, though, and let the makeup people do their work.  I know, I know:  METHOD.
  • "We WEAR our bras!"
  • I love the mid-film credits with the happily ever after...almost.
  • "I need to go to the hospital."
  • The scene with Alfred Molina as the waiter describing the menu was genius.
  • Also genius: the Shakespeare scene.  That's right: SHAKESPEARE.
  • That last scene, with Cheney breaking the fourth wall:  <shudder>  Dude, I did not choose you!
I really enjoyed this movie and its dark humor.  Great performances, and I liked the way the story was told.  Also, I learned stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment