Saturday, June 16, 2018

Let's Go to the Gala

I saw "Ocean's 8" with Cindy last week.  I enjoyed "Ocean's 11" and "Ocean's 13", but didn't care for "Ocean's 12", so I hoped that the ladies would do justice to the franchise, and not be like that second film.

  • I don't believe for a second that Danny died.  
  • I wonder how many people are now going to try that trick with the hotel room.  I also wonder if hotels are going to do anything to prevent it from happening to them.
  • I liked all of the characters on the team, but I think I liked Sarah Paulson's character, Tammy (the fence) most.  
  • What's your real name? "8 Ball."
  • The good thing about these heist movies is that after I see them, I'm more wary of people bumping into me, and wonder if they've just picked my pocket.
  • Way too many shots of Kardashian.  I think even one would be too many.
  • Ah, the revenge element.  I did not see the other twist coming, though...or the other bonus prize.
  • Yen!
  • James Corden is funny as always.  "Look at everything you have.  This, that, two of those..."
  • Too bad there weren't any Bellagio fountains for them to meet at the end of the film.  I always liked that about the others.
  • I did like seeing what Tammy did with her money, though.  There are just some habits you can't quit.
That was fun.   One of these days I need to see the original, starring Frank Sinatra.






No comments:

Post a Comment