Saturday, June 9, 2018

I've Got A Really Good Feeling About This

While sitting at Rancho del Zocalo during Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Night, I received a notification that tickets for "Solo: A Star Wars Story" had just gone on sale.  What a perfect time for my friends and I to purchase our tickets for opening night!  Punch it!

I realized when I got ready for the show that I didn't have anything Han Solo to wear.  I need to remedy that.  So I wore my Princess Leia pin instead, along with my shirt from Star Wars celebration.


Back to the El Cap!



  • Ron Howard working with Lucasfilm on a Star Wars flick!  YAY!
  • I didn't realize that Clint Howard was the mean guy at the droid fight where L3 is first shown.
  • I didn't really like how Han got his surname, but I guess it makes sense.
  • Ha, "The Imperial March" on that recruitment video!
  • Loved, loved, loved the meeting between Han and Chewbacca.
  • Also loved the shot playing homage to Han in the carbonite.
  • Nice foreshadowing of Han maneuvering the vehicle sideways as he later would with the Falcon.
  • Alden Ehrenreich did a fantastic job of being the essence of a young Han, even the smirk.
  • That train was really cool, using both sides of the track and going sideways.  I'm glad I don't ride one of those on my daily commute, though.  That would not be relaxing for me.
  • Donald Glover is so Lando it's almost meta.
  • The closet of capes!!!  I would have done the same as Qi'ra and tried them, and probably would have held my own fashion show.
  • L3 was less annoying to me upon second viewing, and I liked her a lot more.  I think she just talked too much for me when I first saw it.
  • Hey, I recognize that helmet that Beckett is wearing!
  • "Trust no one."  Is this the X-Files?
  • "Assume everyone will betray you, and you will never be disappointed."
  • WHAT is up with Dryden's red face and the marks?  He has anger management issues.
  • Well, I didn't see THAT coming. I keep wanting to say "Crimson Tide".
  • OK, so it was 12.something parsecs. 


    The inside of the El Capitan had a bunch of murals of the different sets in the film.  






    Downstairs, they had the costumes on display, including the capes!



    Val and Beckett

    Lando and the Cape Collection

    Han

    Qi'ra

    Dryden Vos and Enfys Nest

    Outside the El Cap:
    I know he wasn't in this movie,
    but it's STAR WARS!

    Yay!


    I saw the movie again a week later in my neighborhood.  When I saw a different movie at the AMC in Downtown Disney, I saw that they had all of the individual character posters hanging around the theater.  Oh, how I will miss this place.







    I need to see this movie again so I can hear the "I know" after Lando says, "I hate you."  Also, I just need to see this movie again and again and again.


    1 comment:

    1. I need to see the movie again because I know I don't catch a lot from the first viewing. And I hear there are a couple of Easter eggs in Dryden's office. I didn't see them last time. I might need to see it in IMAX so I get more screen to look at. And some of those sequences would be pretty cool on a giant screen.

      ReplyDelete