Saturday, April 28, 2018

To Infinity! Beyond?

It's Avengers Time again!  My friends and I assembled at the El Capitan Theater for "Avengers: Infinity War", although we weren't all sitting together this time.

Marquee

Poster

Stage


I was seated between two pairs of guys: the pair on my right was very excited throughout the movie and were quite emotional at the end.  The pair on my left arrived just before the movie started, and left during the movie to go to the restroom, probably because they didn't have time beforehand.  But, of course, they left during one of the few quiet moments and there isn't much leg room so that was kind of distracting.  But I digress.  
  • The title of the movie has the word "war" on it, so you know there will be death.  The first one in the movie was very, very soon, and showed that they were not going to be kidding around with eliminating characters.  It also gave us all a reason to despise Thanos in case you didn't already dislike him for killing people all over the universe for whatever reason.  Overpopulation?  Getting rid of the bad genes?  Something.
  • The "natural" makeup on the human characters, especially Pepper and Cap, was a little much, not because they wore more than usual, but probably because of the high definition.  
  • "I'm going to allow that."
  • "Well, I swore off dairy and then Ben & Jerry's named a flavor after me."
  • "Earth is closed today."
  • How does one just stick a new eye in like that?  That's some crazy tech.
  • "Why has she been up there this whole time?"
  • That Iron Man suit!  That Spidey suit!  WOW.
  • Groot plays Defender!
  • "He's not a dude.  You're a dude.  This is a MAN."
  • "Stop massaging his muscles."
  • Does Thor not know the difference between a rabbit and a raccoon?  I mean, I know he didn't grow up on Earth, but still.
  • "I'll do you one better.  WHY is Gamora?"
  • "We kick names and take ass."
  • Ebony Maw reminded me of Voldemort because he didn't have a nose.
  • I think Pepper is pregnant.
  • DINKLAGE!!!!!  I love that he's a gigantic dwarf.
  • Fun to see the way they individually came out from the wormhole thingies, attacking Thanos on Titan.
  • "Get this man a shield!"
  • "The Olympics, maybe even a Starbucks."
  • Fury's last word: priceless.
We went downstairs to check out the costumes.

Cap with his new (divided) shield and
Bucky with his awesome Wakandan arm

Falcon and Cap

Just Cap

Guardians

Rabbit Rocket

Gamora and Nebula

Drax and Mantis

Starlord and Friends

Thor and Loki

Fe Dude

Infinity Gauntlet

Many, many people were excited throughout the movie, and I enjoyed it.  Yet, with all of the emotional stuff that happened, I didn't cry.  Not even once.  I don't know if I was just not feeling that day, or if there were too many storylines to follow, but it didn't make me as excited as the others in the audience.

I do want to see it in IMAX because of the visuals, though.  Maybe I'll have a different response if that happens.  I do love the standee for it, though.  I took this picture in Ontario where I saw "Ready Player One".  



No comments:

Post a Comment