Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Silence is Survival

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to a sneak screening of "A Quiet Place" when I went to WonderCon.  

Now that it's out in theaters, I can share my thoughts with you, my millions of followers.  OK, tens of followers.  OK, a handful of you.

  • Tears.  Tears already about a child at the beginning of the movie.  So mean.
  • Corn stalks are creepy, especially when children are involved.
  • Aw, the poor noisy critter.
  • Hey, I know that kid!  Noah Jupe was great in "Wonder", and in this film, too.
  • I've heard of women giving birth under stressful conditions, but then she had to be quiet?  I love that they had the rocket sound planned for that occasion.
  • She did that bathtub scene in one take?  You are AMAZING, Emily Blunt!  I would love to know who was originally up for the female lead before she insisted that her husband cast her in the part.
  • This whole cast was amazing as they portrayed their emotions without words.  Their facial expressions said it all.
  • So, the earpiece thing on the daughter.  That was his experiment, right?  She didn't actually need it for anything else?  Or does it help her because she's deaf?  She's deaf in real life, but is her character deaf as well?  I'm all confused now that I found that out on imdb. Oh, it's a cochlear implant.  So they all knew how to sign anyway because the Reagan was deaf, I guess.
  • Bravo, John Krasinski!  You managed to put your wife in danger on screen and lots of people loved it, including me.  Also including Stephen King, who tweeted "A QUIET PLACE is an extraordinary piece of work. Terrific acting, but the main thing is the SILENCE, and how it makes the camera's eye open wide in a way few movies manage." Wow.
  • That last shot: BRILLIANT.
I really enjoyed this movie.  I wish I could see it again with folks who haven't seen it. I'm like that with scary movies.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment