Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sell Me This Pen

We had some free time to relax on my birthday, so Bro, V and I decided to watch "The Wolf of Wall Street".

  • There is a lot of sex and cursing in this movie.  If you can't deal with that, this movie is not for you.  We had fun, though.
  • I've liked Leonardo DiCaprio in other roles, but this one is different.  I mean, he's really an a**hole in this movie.  He didn't start out like that, but I guess that's what the craziness of greed and the stock market can do to you.
  • Jonah Hill:  also an a**hole.  OMG, I wanted to smack him for most of the movie.   I don't know if it was the teeth or the hair or the glasses, or just the personality, but I couldn't stand him.  He was funny, but I still wanted to smack him.
  • For a 3-hour film, it went by pretty quickly.  I mean, I had lots of tea that morning, and didn't have to leave the theater at all during the movie.  That's unusual for me.
  • OK, Margot Robbie is impossibly gorgeous.  I kept thinking that she was Jaime Pressly.  
  • Jean DuJardin, so handsome.  I loved the looks/voiceovers between his character and Jordan Belfort during their meeting.
  • V and I both had McConaughey's song "The Money Chant" going through our heads as we left the theater.
  • When Jordan was trying to bribe FBI Agent Denham on the boat, it reminded me of DiCaprio's con artist in "Catch Me If You Can".
  • I mean, that is way too many damn drugs.  
  • Almost naked marching band.  Well, that was fun!  Thank you, Temple University.
  • There's no way I'm buying the real Jordan Belfort's book.  No telling what he's going to do with that money.

No comments:

Post a Comment