Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: The PellaPusher Recap

As I watch the 125th Tournament of Roses parade on the best broadcast station, KTLA, I think back on the year that was 2013.

Notable World News

  • Boston Marathon Bombings
  • The Death of Nelson Mandela
  • The Royal Baby's Birth
  • Typhoon Haiyan
  • Pope Francis' First Year
  • Gay Rights and the Supreme Court
  • The NSA Exposed
  • Launch of the "Obamacare" website

Recurring Theme
Oh My God, Where Is My Ticket?!

Favorite New TV Show
"Sleepy Hollow" -- I love how Ichabod Crane says "Leftenant" and talks about the modern age.

Favorite Movie
"Monsters University" -- Duh.  DRUMS by Blue Devils Entertainment!

Favorite Disneyland Line of the Day
"Bee-doh, bee-doh" -- Cindy (and sometimes others but mostly Cindy), at multiple times and various places around the resort

Favorite Sports Highlight
Watching my first hockey game in a suite at the Honda Ponda with my friends cheering rival teams Sharks vs. Ducks.  Ducks won, 6-3.

Favorite Travel Moment
Surprise breakfast with FFE in Livermore, CA

Favorite Dish
Roaster Butternut Squash Bisque at Flying Fish

Favorite The Nephew Moment
Brady as The Rebel Spy

Favorite The Niece Moment
Singing The Little Mermaid's "In Harmony" with Olivia, a cappella, outside Flo's V8 Cafe, with some help from Bro

Favorite D'Saints Moment
Thanksgiving Dinner at South Coast Winery

Favorite Drum Corps Moment
Simultaneous crying of V, Bro and Sher while watching Santa Clara Vanguard's "Les Miserables" the first time...and the second...and the third...and so on through Finals Night.

Favorite Rockapella Moment
"Paper Doll" and The (I Didn't Know It Was) A Secret

It's been a great 2013, and I had some difficulty choosing from the many great moments this year.  I hope that there are many highlights to choose from in 2014, too.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment