Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WW Zombie

While I stayed at my parents' house, I played with the nephew and the niece.  The niece likes "beautiful things".  Sometimes she sings when she's not being asked to do so.   The nephew can't get enough of the prize claws.  I think that he and Bro won about 10 different prizes yesterday, and they still went again to another one this morning.

Meanwhile, V and I decided to go to an early movie and watched "World War Z".  Nothing like watching some zombies on a pleasant Sunday morning!


  • V warned me that zombies in this movie are not like regular zombies that are slow and you wonder why people can't outrun them.  They swarm and they jump and they bite.  Yikes!  I was very tense throughout this movie.
  • Brad Pitt chooses his projects wisely, so I knew that this movie was probably a good one, despite the fact that I wasn't wowed by the trailers.  He did not disappoint.
  • V wondered what the score was, then guessed that it was the music of Muse.  She was right!  I like Muse.  I may need to buy this score.
  • OMG, they climb onto each other to build zombie towers, too!  Crazy.
  • I'm writing this review just after watching "Contagion" again.  Oh, boy.  I could be a germophobe in the making right now.
  • "Mother Nature is a serial killer."
  • If your husband was on a special assignment, and he said he'd call you if he was OK, please don't call his number.  He might be in a place where cell phones should NOT ring.  Other than that faux pas, Mireille Enos was great as his wife.
  • Daniella Kertesz is also wonderful in her role as the Israeli soldier.  I'm jealous that she can be so beautiful with those eyes despite the crew cut and the soldier uniform.
  • James Badge Dale brings good comic relief to the story.  "They were biting all over like a fat kid on Twix".
  • David Morse with no teeth.  Eeewww.  But at least he wasn't a zombie.
  • Hey, that's Matthew Fox!  Why didn't we get to see more of him?
  • So for future reference, if there is a zombie apocalypse, please let everyone else know when you find out something that might be helpful....like, that they are attracted to sound.  Maybe text someone to spread the word?  Thanks in advance.
  • I enjoyed this movie.  Not gory, even though the zombies do bite.  They leave out the really gross stuff.  I might read the book if I think I'll still be able to sleep at night.



No comments:

Post a Comment