Wednesday, July 10, 2013

We Ride for Justice, Truth and the American Way

I watched the credits for "Despicable Me 2", then rushed to the restroom and concessions and still made it just in time for the Krikorian Theatres promo right before the movie started.  Phew!

The second movie of my double feature was "The Lone Ranger".

  • I had a mask in my purse (Thanks, Cindy!), but I didn't wear it because none of my friends were with me and that wouldn't be as much fun.   Also, the mask would have irritated me if I wore it for 2.5 hours.  However, I shall wear the mask as I write this here blog post.  Too bad I don't have a white cowboy hat.
  • I like the premise of the "exhibit" talking to the kid in the Lone Ranger outfit.  It reminded me of "The Princess Bride".
  • So, is that what Johnny Depp will look like when he gets really old and stands in the same position for long periods of time?
  • I liked seeing the origin story of both the Lone Ranger and Tonto.  
  • I want a Spirit Horse.  With a pretty long horn in the middle of its forehead.  OK, so I want a unicorn.  That can't possibly be a surprise to anyone that knows me.
  • The Chinese people working at the railroad reminds me of the old Golden Dreams movie at DCA.  I miss that movie, but not really, because I like much more the attraction that replaced it.  :)
  • I would have enjoyed more horse riding, less train action, but I guess the whole plot was about the railroad, so too bad.
  • I so totally knew that this was filmed in Utah.  Does Texas even have those kinds of rock formations?
  • So is that kid John's, or Dan's?  Hmmmm...which brother is the Wrong Brother here?
  • I like Armie Hammer in this role.  He has the City Boy looks and the right amount of humor for the part.
  • Johnny Depp is a fun Tonto.  With a crow on his head.  I don't remember the TV Tonto having a crow on his head.
  • There's a band in this movie, and they're playing Stars and Stripes Forever.  Happiness.
  • I like how everyone wants to touch Red's "leg".
  • WIlliam Fichtner, you scare me as the bad guy whenever you play the bad guy.
  • Barry Pepper!  With that mustache and that cavalry outfit!  I haven't seen him in a long time.
  • How much do I love that William Tell Overture?  I almost started to gallop in my seat, then stopped myself.  I like this arrangement, so yes, I want the soundtrack.
  • "HI Ho, Silver, AWAY!!!!"  (I disagree with Tonto.  It needs to be said again).
Linda requested a picture of me in the mask.  

No comments:

Post a Comment