Friday, July 1, 2011

Weebles Wobble But They Don't Fall Down

Rockapella Cruise
Day 9 -- Miami 
Sunday, January 30, 2011

Liz was conscientious enough to order room service for breakfast last night after I had gone to sleep.  Thanks, Liz!  Do you see why I love my roomie so much?  :)

We docked in Miami and we sat around, waiting for our number (5) to be called.  They went from "1 through 3" to "6 and 7".   Hello, what happened to 4 and 5?  We went to Jenn's room to wait with her.  Still, our number was not called.  Jeff and Wendy called us on the phone to tell us where they were waiting, so we decided to join them.  As we walked down the hallway, we passed Sandra and Geo's room and said hi.  Sandra told us to come in, but I said that I didn't think George wanted us to do so.  So she came out into the hallway for a few minutes to chat.  She's so friendly!


Miami




We then went to Red Sail to wait with Jeff and Wendy for our numbers to be called.  Weird:  Wendy's favorite number is 5, which was Liz and my group number, and my favorite number is 19, which was Jeff and Wendy's number.  Our numbers got called at the same time, then we somehow got separated from each other because the elevator was full.  We ended up wandering the hallways to try to get to the correct exit.


Since we used luggage express, we only had to deal with our carry-ons until getting to our final destinations, which was very convenient and well worth the $20.00.  I got through customs very easily since I hadn't purchased much of anything.  As I looked around for Jeff and Wendy, I saw that Geo and Sandra were only a few feet behind us, which startled me.  


We got on the bus to the aiport, whereon the driver kept telling us not to leave anything on his bus.  I'm pretty sure that he threatened bodily harm or something like that.  We arrived at the airport, and Fred was outside, waiting for JT.  I asked him to sign my poster as he waited.  He told us that we could check in downstairs, but Security told us to go upstairs, which ended up being a very long walk.  We said goodbye to Jenn, since she had taken another airline.  After Jeff and Wendy checked their bags, we had a few hours to wait for our plane.  We were all tired and wobbly.  I kept trying to find an outlet to charge my phone, which I finally found not close to my friends because the one near us was broken.  I thought that I saw Tim at one of the gates and Liz confirmed it later when she saw Jeff and Fred over there, too.  We kindly left them alone, since they already had to deal with us for a whole week.  ;)


Our flight to Houston-Bush Int'l was a little turbulent due to rain.  We said bye to Liz, as she was flying to a different airport.  Jeff, Wendy and I had a very long wait in Houston because Continental had changed their flight schedule since the time that we had originally booked it, plus our plane was coming from New Orleans and was delayed.  I ate BBQ for dinner, because I figured, "Hey, I'm in Texas!"  


We finally arrived at Ontario a little bit before midnight, and were happy to see our luggage had made it, too (Yay--Luggage Express worked!).  The taxi driver had to use a bungee cord to keep our luggage with us because the natural gas engine took up a lot of trunk space.  We even had one of our big bags inside the car.  We arrived at Jeff & Wendy's place, and a dog that lives nearby kept poking around us as we unloaded the taxi, which agitated their own dogs.  I hugged Jeff and Wendy goodbye and drove home.


It was nice to be home, although, when did my house turn into a boat?!  I was still really woozy on non-moving surfaces for about a week after we got off of the Glory, but it gradually subsided.  I also regained my full eyesight and didn't have to use my reading glasses for about a month, but now I'm back to looking at computer and phone screens, and have to use them occasionally again...but nobody has to read a full menu to me yet.  ;)


What a great trip this was!  I had a fantastic time, and I hope that we get to do this again, maybe to Alaska or the Eastern Caribbean, or the Mediterranean.  That would be cooool.  


Thank you to Galaxsea Travel for organizing our trip.  Thank you to Carnival Cruise Lines for the fun adventures. Thank you to Rockapella for the great shows and for spending personal time with your adoring fans.  Thank you to the Pella Posse, for your friendship and our experience together is the reason that this trip will be so incredibly memorable.  I love you guys!  A special thanks goes to my roomie, Liz, who decided to be fancy with me and get a balcony room before it was fashionable.  I'm really, really happy that you joined me, my awesome friend.  And now I have proof that you do, indeed, exist!  :)


Pella Posse (minus Stacey) in Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment