Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ring Brothers

I had an hour to go before my next movie, so I went shopping at DSW.  I bought a pair of navy blue shoes, which made me happy,  This should surprise nobody.


The second film in yesterday's double feature was "The Fighter". 

  • I was told that this wasn't so much of a boxing movie as it was a movie about family.  I wouldn't have minded watching a boxing movie anyway, since I have liked a few of them, but I wonder now if ANY boxing movie is just a boxing movie.  I think that they're pretty much all about overcoming adversity.  Oh, wait.  That's sports movies.  Well, boxing is a sport, so that works.
  • Christian Bale is not handsome as a drug addict.  But he's still got those awesome lips, so I'm good with that.  He did an amazing job here, as usual.  I heart him, Method and all.
  • Mark Wahlberg was great in this movie as well.  I don't think that he does the Method thing, so I'm hoping that the little paunch of a stomach they showed in the mirror after he got his cast taken off was not his actual stomach.  Perhaps Marky Mark had an abs double for that scene.
  • There were a couple of shots of Wahlberg's profile wherein he really looked a lot like his brother, Donnie.  Like I thought that his profile was actually Donnie's.
  • I wasn't supposed to like Melissa Leo's character, right?  Because I really didn't like her.  I wanted to slap the hell out of her.
  • The scenes with the sisters made me giggle every time, mostly due to the hair.  OMG, the hair should have been noted as a supporting cast to the supporting cast!  Do they all travel together like that in the one car all of the time?!
  • I think that Wahlberg probably felt really comfortable with that huge family.  I believe that he came from a family of 9 himself.  I have no clue about their hair, though.
  • So THAT'S what a crack house looks like.
  • I loved Amy Adams in this movie.  It's nice to see her play such a strong character, and she does it really well.
  • Sugar Ray Leonard!  That's from when I used to watch boxing sometimes.  I kind of remember Eklund's name, but not Ward's.  
  • Boxing/Family/Sports movies make me cry.
I was a bit of a wreck after that one, too.  But I bought 2 new pairs of boots at Aerosoles on clearance and was happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment