Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feathered

On Super Bowl Sunday, I went to see "Black Swan".



  • I've never actually seen "Swan Lake", but I'm familiar with Tchaikovsky's piece.  Now I want to see the whole ballet.
  • I was creeped out by the mother from the first moment she helped take off Nina's earrings.
  • I was also kind of creeped out by the excess of pink and cute stuffed toys in Nina's room.  She needs some Gloomy Bear.  Ooh, that would have been cool:  show her room at the end, and maybe there's a Gloomy and a couple of Skelanimals in there.  
  •  I had to search imdb.com to find out what movie it was in which I first saw Vincent Cassel:  "Elizabeth".  That's why I already didn't like him, because he was the French jerk in that movie.  
  • It took her drunken outburst for me to recognize Winona Ryder.  Is that a good thing?
  • Natalie Portman was outstanding in this movie.  The accolades for her are well-deserved.
  • Mila Kunis was excellent, too.  Was she trying to sabotage Nina?  And why the heck was she taking off her underwear as soon as she joined Nina in the bathroom?  She didn't even go into the stall.  I thought she really had to go.  What was up with that craziness?
  • Was I the only one that saw those wings coming from the first view of her scratched-up shoulder blade?
  • I'm glad that I never became a ballet dancer.  I'd be the perfectionist type, and would probably have an eating disorder.
  • I'm really glad I saw this movie in the daytime, because I would have been afraid to walk home by myself in the dark, risking a sighting of my evil twin.
Good movie, although I wouldn't recommend it for people who like mainstream movies, due to the psychosexual nature of it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment