Monday, February 21, 2011

Mystery in the Ozarks

I have completed my quest to watch all 10 Best Picture nominees for the Academy Awards by watching "Winter's Bone" on Demand today.

  • Jennifer Lawrence was great.  I liked her toughness.  (This seems to be a theme for the actresses that I like this year).  She is going to be an interesting Mystique in "X-Men: First Class".
  • Gangs in the Ozarks do not look at all like the gangs over here in So Cal.
  • So only females can beat up other females.  Well, that's nice, I guess.  How about just NOT beating them up?  I guess that's not allowed in gangs.  Never mind.
  • I kind of want to know if "Teardrop" is that guy's real name.  Like Sodapop.
  • That little Ashlee is toooo cute.  I love the way she loves animals.  Except for that dead squirrel.  I think she wanted to be the one to do what her brother did not feel like doing.
  • I hope that all service recruiters are as honest as the one that talked to Ree.
  • I was worried that they were going to drown Ree in that water.
  • More cutting off of limbs, but this was less painful.  Still....eeew.
  • I really enjoyed the score, especially the songs that Meredith Sisco performed.
  • "I'd be lost without the weight of you two on my back.  I'm not going anywhere."
Well done movie.  I realize that I've watched two movies with drugs as an underlying theme in one week.  That's depressing.  I think that I need to watch some really happy movie soon that has nothing to do with drugs or cutting off of body parts.  That should cheer me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment