Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back In Time .. With Crispin Glover

Easter weekend, as always, was a busy time for me, and I just wanted to chill on Sunday after church.  Especially after those balloons, one of which hit me.  ACK!  

Linda sang with me in the church, and we decided to hang out afterward.  Mox joined us, and we saw "Hot Tub Time Machine".

  • I wanted to hear "In Your Eyes" somewhere in the background, as a little wink to John Cusack, but that didn't happen.  We later found out that it was because that song was released after the time period that the guys visited.  Perhaps it was enough of a wink that Cusack was the star of the movie.
  • I'm so old now that time travel movies back into wacky pasts now include my college days.  
  • I loved all the guys, even Rob Corddry's character, Lou, the a**hole that everyone has in their lives, yet keeps them around anyway, because he's their a**hole.  
  • SQUIRREL!!!
  • Do you know how much I loved seeing Crispin Glover in a time travel movie again?  As soon as I saw him on screen, I said, "YES!!!" 
  • I also loved the fact that Lou's usage of sports results had a better result than in the "Back to the Future" movies.  Well, except for that one bet.
  • Hilarious use of the Russian language in fending off the ski patrol douches.  "Dos Vidanya!"
  • If I was going to change something pivotal in my life, I think I'd go back to the 80s, too.  Told you I'm old.
  • Kid 'n' Play were two people.  
  • We were laughing so hard that when the Calexico earthquake struck during the movie, Linda thought that it was just us shaking the seats really hard.
I really enjoyed this movie.  Then we went to the mall and found out that it was closed, save for Borders and the restaurants.  I read "Where the Wild Things Are" and "The Velveteen Rabbit" while we waited for Glenn and Cindy joined us.  We had dinner at Bar Louie, where I had two yummy martinis.  Thanks for hanging out with me, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment