Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Above the Clouds

I know, I know:  "Sher, where the heck have you been?  You haven't posted in oh-so long!"


I still have tons to post, and promise to do it before the whole Pella trip, but today is a special day.


A long time ago, in a land not so far away, I met a boy whom became a great big deal in my heart.  We lost touch a while ago, but now thanks to the land of the internets, we're communicating again.  He's been there for me through a couple of rough patches, as well as through a lot of good times, and I still cherish him quite a bit.  We've grown up now, and things have changed, but there will always be a soft spot in each of us that remembers the good old days when we didn't have the responsibilities that we do now.


It was so long ago that we didn't have digital cameras, but I wish I did have a picture to share with y'all.  The one in my mind right now was never actually photographed:  one night, we fell asleep on a turnout up in the San Gabriel foothills, and when we woke up, we watched the sun rise up above the low-flying clouds below us.   The beauty of that was amazing, and when I sing Thompson's "Alleluia", it's one of the images I see -- one of the images that reminds me that God is present.  Without that particular guy taking us up there, that moment of pure peacefulness and joy would never have happened.  That's just one of several moments that will stay in my heart forever.


Thanks for being there for me, Aaron, through the most influential times of my past, and through the stress of the current.  You're still the best therapist I ever had.  


Happy Birthday!


(Ssshhh..the rest of you...don't tell him about Rockapella being the *other* best therapy I've ever had.  He'll get jealous).

No comments:

Post a Comment