Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Heart You, Paul Rudd

Linda and I saw "I Love You, Man" last week.

My thoughts:

  • The embarassing speaker-phone call in the car reminded me of one of my friends talking about the stuff she did with her boyfriend before I met him.  When I met him, all I could think about was that this was the guy that did ... whatever ... and then she married him.  Yes, I still think of him that way.  People, maybe I should meet him BEFORE you tell me that stuff.  OK, I'm on a tangent.  Anyway, yes, it's OK for you to tell your friends about stuff you do with your guy, but no, it's not OK if you get upset when the guy talks about the same stuff with his friends.  It's only fair.  
  • I really dug that blue tux.
  • Loved the whole storyline with Lou Ferrigno.
  • The billboard ads were hilarious.
  • Jane Curtin!  Wow, where's she been?
  • Man Cave.  Awesome.  I need to think of some kind of female equivalent...but I don't think that I would have the same, um, stuff on my side table.
  • RUSH!  Oh, yes!  Totally missed playing with Caught Knapping during this part.
  • Why the heck was he wearing those UGG boots with the shorts?  I mean, I know that women do it, but I hate that look on them, too.  If you're cold enough to wear the boots, then frickin' wear pants.
  •  Anwar Sadat and the poster of the actual Anwar Sadat.  Great stuff.
  • "He's going on a Man Date."  I didn't know that there was such a term before, but I like it.  So if it's two gay men, is it called something else?
  • Jason Segel and Paul Rudd were a great duo.  That's my kind of buddy movie.  
  • I wasn't that crazy about the women, even though I do like Rashida Jones.  
  • I loved all of Peter's unsuccessful attempts at creating a nickname for Sydney: "It's better than 'Joben'."  
  • Actually, I loved all of Peter's unsuccessful attempts at being a dude: posing in the tux, talking about self-gratification, and the primal scream, for example.
  • Ooh, the setting for the wedding was very pretty.  I liked the stuff hanging down from the tarps.  Ok, I'm a girl.  I can't help it.
  • TOTES MAH GOATS!
Fun movie, and it provided much-needed laughter.  There were so many great moments that I can't even remember what had me giggling silently and doubling over to the point of my stomach aching...but I loved it.

Thanks for the fun evening, Linda!

No comments:

Post a Comment