Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FINALLY

A Day to Remember: November 4, 2008

What a historical night this was.

Record numbers of people voting.

Voting in the first black President of the United States.  My goodness, how times have changed just in the last 50 years for this young nation of ours.

I am proud to be an American whenever I get to vote, but today was one of those special days.

No matter if your votes matched mine, I hope that you voted (if you're eligible), and I hope that you voted with your true conscience, and not based on falsities of gossip and arguments that had nothing to do with the actual lives or principles of the candidates or the issues.  Of course, if you did vote based on gossip, that's what makes America the diverse and exciting country that it is.

I kinda want to go to Washington, DC, for the inaugural...with a billion other people.  I don't think that will happen, but I never felt like I wanted to be so much a part of history like this before.  But I guess I was, anyway, just by voting today.

Congratulations, President-Elect  Barack Obama!  FINALLY!!!  Yes, we sure the heck CAN.

1 comment:

  1. I had the good fortune to have a quick dinner with a certain friend who works for the CA Democratic Party (heck, I was happy enough that he was able to make it down here), and he's planning to go to the inauguration in January!

    ReplyDelete