Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Guess I'm Not As Anonymous As I Thought

So last night, I went to a local Filipino fast food place to check out their food for possible catering. The woman at one of the booths kinda stared at me as soon as I got out of the car, and when her husband took my order, I heard him say to her, "Holy Angels." It turns out that she had recognized me from church, which was funny because I kept looking at the guy and thinking to myself, "I know him from somewhere...where is it?" Well, they attend the mass that I cantor every Saturday night, and I think he serves communion. I then realized that their 9am - 3pm hours of operation for Saturdays must be due to the fact that they go to church on Saturday, since they serve breakfast in the morning. Note to self: try out their breakfast one weekend, because their food was tasty: http://www.jojosfilipino.samsbiz.com/



Today, I called them to place my catering order. The gentleman whom took my order asked, "You've been here before, right? Your voice sounds familiar." I told him that I was there last night, but he didn't remember until I told him where I sing.



I guess my voice gets familiar to people when they hear it every week. Maybe they're actually paying attention!

1 comment: