Sunday, January 27, 2008

Apache Pride

So my morning of TV viewing consisted of watching yesterday's US Figure Skating Championships. I cried during Kimmie Meisner's falls, since I've been a fan of hers since she won last year's Nationals. She hasn't been doing well this season, and now the only reason she's going to Worlds this year is because the other skaters are too young. I just felt really bad for her, and I hope that she can get herself together for the world stage.

Then I was proud again. I'll always be a fan of Kimmie's, but now I also love the newest US Champion: Mirai Nagasu. She caught my attention the other day when she won the short program, but it was the fact that she's a student at my alma mater that made me really take notice. She was amazing, dancing like a little doll, and landing jump after jump. I look forward to the day that I see her around town, so that I can tell her how awesome she is.

Congratulations, Mirai! Go get 'em at Junior Worlds, my fellow Apache!

http://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=38572

Oh, and whoa....what drama during the men's competition! I would rather that Johnny Weir had won, but rules are rules, and when you tie for the total, it's the free skate score that breaks the tie. I just wish that Evan had been cleaner, so that I could agree more with the judges.

There I go again, with my Old School opinions. Don't even get me started on the drum corps thing today.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, Sherry, were we separated at birth? Pella, NKOTB, aliteration, Seinfeld, and now ice skating? Those are all my favorites, too!

    -Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the hippos, Wendy.

    :) I need to show you my collection...it's seriously grown since I last talked to you!

    ReplyDelete