Sunday, April 14, 2019

Say My Name, Say My Name

When I was a kid, I loved watching the "Shazam!" series, which was part of the Shazam! / Isis Hour.  Yes, I was a fan of THAT Captain Marvel!   I was naturally excited to see the character in movie form, and made sure to see it on opening weekend.

  • I don't remember Billy Batson being such a rebel back then, but I don't remember much about the series anyway.   
  • "I don't even know how to pee in this thing."
  • Batman helps other superheroes, even when he's not there in person.
  • "Get him, Batman!"
  • It's a cape, it's a hood, it's versatile!
  • I like that Billy isn't the only one the wizard has tested for purity of heart.  Why, though, are they telling the story to people?  I might have thought I was going nutso, and wouldn't have told anyone.  Maybe I'd have to get a therapist, though.  But...what if the therapist refers me to the evil guy?  Ohhhh....
  • I don't think that Zachary Levi looks like a grown-up Asher Angel, but I like them both.
  • Yay!  Reference to "Big" because this is kinda like that, except with superhero powers.
  • So I see that John Glover, whom played Lionel Luther (Smallville) now plays a father to yet another supervillain.  I shall be wary of his presence in every show he's in from now on.
  • So I guess Shazam doesn't have super hearing.  I did enjoy that part when he and Sivana are floating in the sky and he can't hear the villain speech.
  • Loved all of the references to the other DC superheroes.
  • I especially liked the animation during the credits!
That was fun.  I hope we get to see more from Shazam and friends...and whatever that caterpillar has in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment