Monday, March 25, 2019

It Must Be Bunnies

My friends and I purchased tickets for "Us" because we all liked "Get Out" and wanted to see Jordan Peele's next scary project.  I brought pink Gloomy Bear.  Cindy brought the bunny Pancake, not realizing that there would be rabbits in the movie.  She thought a woman wearing a "pancakes, pancakes, pancakes" shirt was wearing it for the bunny, but it turns out that the woman just likes iHop.  Get it? Hop!  I might be losing my mind a bit.  BTW, this is going to be very spoiler-y, so stop reading if you don't want any.  Maybe go read one of my Rockapella reports, why don't ya?


  • I thought maybe they were going to see vampires in Santa Cruz in 1986.  Maybe that's what they were filming, because that came out in 1987.
  • "I'll meet you in the magic room."
  • "Hide a Key?!  Of all the white people..."
  • "Nobody wants the boat, Dad."
  • "Why don't you ask Josh and Kitty?  They're RIGHT HERE!"
  • You know those people downstairs would have never known that there was light, so why would they be jealous of the people upstairs?  CLUE!
  • "Ophelia, call the police."  I love the song she actually played!  I need to go listen to my NWA CD.  I thought I was going to do that after I saw "Straight Outta Compton", but I never did.
  • I love Jason's taste: he wears a JAWS shirt and a Chewbacca mask.
  • "I have two kills, because I killed me and I killed Josh."
  • I was like, "How did she know there was a door there?"  CLUE!
  • I'm going to have a hard time seeing Lupita's face for a while.  Even when I went to the website to get the link, I couldn't look at her because I was creeped out.
  • The score did its job of keeping me scared, including the whistling of "Itsy Bitsy Spider".  
I enjoyed this movie.  I might see it again to see all of the clues that I missed, but it will not be in the theater.  It's too dark in there.

Thanks for protecting me, Gloomy Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment