Sunday, March 13, 2016

Who Took The Body?

I was reading an article on the internet about some movie when I saw that Joseph Fiennes was starring in "Risen".  I didn't even know that this film was being made because APPARENTLY, I'm a bad fangirl.  When the Oscar season was finally over, I made it a point to use my free movie ticket at the Krikorian to see the movie.


  • Interesting take from the Roman Tribune's point of view, which is a view I haven't seen before.  It plays out like a detective story.
  • "What are you frightened of?"  "Being wrong."
  • Hey, it's Malfoy!  Playing a guy with the same name as his dad in the Harry Potter films!  It threw me off a bit to hear him answering to the name "Lucius".
  • Joseph Fiennes in a bath.  I'm just saying.
  • Bartholomew's answers to Clavius' inquisition made me think that if this had been a modern story, he would have been seen as a hippie stoner. 
  • Clavius used an hourglass and asked Lucius to wake him when the sand ran out.  I wonder if I'm the only one that thought, "Like sand through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives". 
  • When the informant was asked how many disciples:  "Twelve.  Well, eleven now."
  • "Try the left side again."
  • "You are always with me." -- Simon, regarding the scar he has, thanks to Clavius.
  • I cried a lot of times, mostly due to the spirituality of the story. Also, the crucifixion itself, but that's pretty much a given, seeing as I wept throughout "The Passion of the Christ".
I enjoyed this movie for many reasons, and look forward to seeing it again when it is released to DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment