Sunday, March 6, 2016

Try Everything

On Friday night, my friends and I went to the El Capitan to watch "Zootopia".  No short film was shown beforehand, which made me sad, but we did get to see live animals, including a sloth.  It was the same sloth that Kristen Bell got to meet on the Ellen Degeneres show.  This is Lola.


I brought my new Flash Tsum Tsum.  No, not The Flash.  Flash the sloth.  Here we are with him, before the show.  Dodie had no idea that a picture was being taken, so she just looks like she's mad at us.  


We also got to see Judy and Nick dance around.



I didn't get a picture of the Zootopia backdrop without the Mighty Wurlitzer organ, but it's still pretty.



We saw trailers for "Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass", "Jungle Book", and "Finding Dory."  Mox was hoping to see one for "Captain America: Civil War", but that didn't happen.  I guess they thought this wasn't the appropriate audience for it.

My thoughts about the movie:


  • I want a Carrot Recorder Pen.  I saw them at the Disney Store but didn't know what they were before I saw the movie.
  • "We need to acknowledge the elephant in the room."
  • Finnick as elephant!  So cute.  They have a Tsum Tsum of that.  I wonder how many kids will be dressed that way for Hallowe'en this year.  Or older "kids".
  • "IT'S NIGHT?!?!"
  • Animals doing naked yoga.  I may not be able to do yoga again without picturing that naked elephant.
  • "It's called a 'hustle', sweetheart."
  • The Godfather Shrew.  I'm surprised he didn't have a pet cat. I loved, though, that he had polar bears as bodyguards.
  • "We may be evolved, but deep down, we are still animals."
  • Love seeing Chief Bogo rock out to Gazelle.  I also love her tiger dancers.
  • Hippo!  Hippo wearing a mustache!  I would totally buy merchandise of that.  It's probably good that it doesn't exist at the moment (the Zootopia version, at least).  BTW, I just spent WAY too much time giggling at the stuff I found when I Googled "Hippo with mustache".
  • Kristen Bell must have been ecstatic when she was asked to play sloth Priscilla.
I enjoyed this movie, and I like the themes/morals.  It's so refreshing after a couple of months of racist hatred in the news.

Here are the fake ads that were posted around Hollywood and Highland.  




I'm much more comfortable when the animals wear clothing during yoga.




No comments:

Post a Comment