Saturday, January 16, 2016

Laughlin in Five Seven Five

Rockapella in Laughlin
Epic Haiku
December 26-31, 2015

Laughlin Trip Haiku
Pella Posse Poetry
Love this tradition!

---

12/26/15

Peridot Nail Spa
Manicure and pedicure
Pretty Pretty Nails!

Tumbleweed attack
Sherry almost crashed the car
Wind is scary, Dude.

The start/stop feature
Makes driver nervous, too weird
to restart to Go.

Tell Me What You Want
Open roads and less wind, please
Faster traffic, too.

Orange cone in stall:
It means the stall is in use.
Much needed Rest Stop.

That drive was way long
Finally at our hotel
After 5 hour trek.

*I figured that you
Wouldn't miss a chance to see
The greatest band EVER!*

Koala was here
Eucalyptus everywhere
Are we in Sydney?

*Koalas are cute
But mean and hungry creatures
So please be careful*

The blond man on stage
Asked how many shows I've seen 
Don't know. I've lost count.

I want dessert now.
But I'm in my pajamas.
Left pie in the car.

---

12/27/15

Sherry can't sleep in
Because Fred left a voicemail
We have breakfast plans

Mystery was solved:
Apple Maps was about Fred
He's in denial.

Target run, of course.
I forgot my coat at home.
Bought way more than that.

Yummy chicharron!
Dining at Guy Fieri's
Thank you Jenny D!

Two shows out of five. 
Hybrid holiday and hits
Hands hurt from clapping

Show number 2 done
People need to keep clapping
Want to hear encore!

Ryan C offered
Hashtag PellaPosse shirt
OMG. OKAY!!!

Jenny and Bass Man
Shared pictures of their puppies.
Look! Rommeltini!

Wendy, get ready.
Black Bear Diner on Tuesday!
Hope they serve oatmeal.

---

12/28/15

Up early today
Body is on work schedule
Guess it's time to blog.

Gotta get ready
Going to breakfast with Fred
Yes, that's right. AGAIN.

Sound man makes demands 
Eating out bring coat and keys
Hope no Apple maps. 

Breakfast with Sound Man
Bananas Foster French Toast
Get in my belly!

*Sherry writes haiku
Demonstrating ev'ry day.
Sherry please don't stop!*

Getting to the point
where I can only respond
with five seven five.

My dream has come true.
Steven sang "Sherry" to me!
Somebody pinch me.

Second time around
More emotional this time
Thanks for the fun, Boys!

Pella Show the 3rd
There'll be Dancing In The Streets
Watch out! Laughs ahead.

---

12/29/15

I figured it out.
I sleep like Disney Princess
Waiting for a kiss.

3rd breakfast with Fred
Don't forget to wipe your paws!
My stomach's growling.

I made this tree dance
At second breakfast today
Aim to entertain!

The car museum
A walk along the river
Bowling, anyone?

*Ooooh, I Love bowling! 
I'll take it easy on you. 
I may let you win.*

George III missing out!
We finally get to bowl.
Wishing you were here.

Vegetable du jour. 
There seems to be more than one. 
So which jour is it?

You choose your fortune. 
Because it is a buffet.
But some aren't fortunes.

Pella Show the 4th
Back to tenor side of stage
Is the stool fixed yet?

Fourth night in a row. 
A diehard fan's dream come true. 
Don't want it to end. 

*Wish I was there now! 
I'm so jealous of you guys! 
Darn this thing called WORK!*

100 plus shows
And it still makes me smile
When they say my name 

---

12/30/15

Last day in Laughlin
Hanging out across the way
Grateful for Pella.

Pella show the 5th
It's been a fantastic year.
Thanks, Rockapella!

"Full Moon Feelin" plays
But there's only half a moon. 
Is that still okay? 

---

12/31/15

Starry starry night 
Pella keeps us company
On our desert drive

San Bernardino 
That is where we meant to go
Maybe, maybe not

*Just to let you know
Someone else is awake too
I'm not driving though.*

Home safe at WitzEnd
Memories of 5 great days 
Dancing in my head

Home now, safe and sound.
Missing Pella already
Hope they travel safe.

Thanks to my posse
Rockapella adventures
Made '15 awesome

Cherish these moments
As we go forth together
Courtesy of Pella.

Happy New Year to you--
Steve, Scott. Ryan, Calvin, Jeff
And Sound Man Fred, too!

My love to you all,
Rockapella and Posse!
My heart is happy.


Legend:
Collaboration
KP
Sher
*people not on trip* -- Thank you to Ferdie, Arielle and Cindy!



No comments:

Post a Comment