Monday, January 18, 2016

2015: The PellaPusher Recap

2015 was the Year of Rockapella for me.  After a year of Rockapella scarcity, 2015 brought back the objects of my obsession with a vengeance.  From my 100th show celebration to several road trips and the onset of PellaPossePoetry, to Laughlin's Magic Hallway, I've had a wonderful time with Pella and the Posse throughout the year.

It should come as no surprise, then, that the most prolific llllabel in my yearly challenge, the Harmonic Journal, is that of "Rockapella".  I realize that I skipped one day of Harmonic Journal, August 6.  There must have been so much drum corps on that day that my head was spinning and I couldn't possibly think of just one song to post.  Looking back at that post, I will now choose the Flower Duet from "Lakme" by Leo Delibes, as performed by the 2007 Phantom Regiment.  

The stats

  • Rockapella: 98 posts
  • Movies: 45
  • Holidays: 36
  • Drum Corps: 35
  • TV: 34
  • 10-20 posts: Other A Cappella Groups, Theatre
  • 2-10 posts: NKOTB, Disneyland, Animals That Aren't Hippos, Star Wars, Edibles, House Concert, Sherryness, Alma Mater, Marching Band, Church, Mermaids, D'Saints, Games
  • Random (no label other than Harmonic Journal): 108
I think I only repeated a song once or twice.  

Favorites (non-Rockapella) of 2015

Event: Watching the second trailer of The Force Awakens at Star Wars Celebration

Live Action Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Animated Movie: Inside Out

Book: Mort by Terry Pratchett

TV Show: The Flash

Disneyland Resort Line of the Day: "I like looking at him, not being under him."  -- Bro, at Silly Symphony Swings

Sports Highlight:  Kobe Bryant announces his retirement.

Travel Moment: Discovering We Olive

Drum Corps Moment: SCV lighting up the stadium with their LEDs

Dish: Brisket Enchiladas at Tio Carlos Mexican Grill

Drink:  Angry Orchard + Fireball (called "Brick House" at Harrah's Reno)

The Nephew Moment:  "Tita Sherry, I want to ride with you," at Toy Story Midway Mania

The Niece Moment: Listening to her read "Green Eggs and Ham".

D'Saints Moment: Swimming at V's parents' house


Rockapella Moments of 2015

Way too many that I want to include here, but let's make this the top 10:
  • Road Trip Haiku / Pella Posse Poetry tradition begins
  • Getting the elevator posters from Harrah's (Reno) for the posse and me
  • George's guest appearance in Reno
  • Breakfast with Fred at Peg's Glorified Ham & Eggs (Reno)
  • Scott staying up past midnight to wish me a Happy Birthday (Reno)
  • Calvin loving the Blueberry Boy Bait that I made for them (Napa)
  • Ryan wanting to hang out with us after every show (Laughlin)
  • Jeff discussing the cameos in The Force Awakens with us (Laughlin)
  • Steve's House Concert (Pella Posse Palladium)
  • Celebrating my 100th Show (Reno)
Favorite New Arrangement:  Macklemore

Thank you to everyone that contributed to making 2015 one of my favorite years EVER!  You know who you are, and I'll cry if I start naming you, so let's stop. 

Hope that 2016 bring us many happy feelings, too!







No comments:

Post a Comment