Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Harmonic Journal 12/08/15

Harmonic Journal
December 8, 2015

"Servant Song" by Sr. Donna Marie McGargill

Today, the Catholic Church celebrates the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.  This is one of my favorite songs to sing regarding Mary.  The lyrics bring tears to my eyes and make it hard to sing sometimes, but I love this song anyway.  

That tattoo?  Basically because of songs like this.

Lyrics:

1. What do you want of me, Lord? Where do you want me to serve you? Where can I sing your praises. I am your song.

REFRAIN:  Jesus, Jesus, you are the Lord. Jesus, Jesus, you are the way. 2. Jesus, Jesus, you are my Lord. Jesus, Jesus, you are the way. 3. Jesus, Jesus, be warmth of my heart. Jesus, Jesus, you are the way. 4. Jesus, Jesus, you are my light. Jesus, Jesus, you are the way.

2. I hear you call my name, Lord, and I am moved within me. Your Spirit stirs my deepest self. Sing your songs in me. 

3. Above, below, and around me. Before, behind and all through me, your Spirit burns deep within me. Fire my life with your love. 


4. You are the light in my darkness. You are my strength when I'm weary. You give me sight when I'm blinded. Come see for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment