Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Circles In The Sand

 A bunch of us went to the El Capitan Theatre on opening night to watch "The Good Dinosaur."  This was after Linda and I met up with Bro and family at Johnny Rockets and the guy messed up Miss O's order and didn't bother to apologize, much less comp her meal.  Therefore, his tip was less than the standard.  You don't mess up a kid's order and act like it's the customer's fault, you idiot.  Anyway, Bro and family were seated in front of the rest of us.  The Pixar show was kind of fun.  I would rather have had the girl NOT sing, because they don't actually have a good track record of making me happy there with the singing.  No, it wasn't because I was cranky about Johnny Rockets.  My friends thought the same thing.  Blech.  I liked seeing the characters dance, though, and then Dodie was...um...blessed with a huge lump of confetti falling in her lap.  I finally saw the next "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" trailer.  YAY!  Also, "Zootopia" looks like it's going to be hilarious.  I want a sloth.


  • My goodness, the landscapes look REAL.  How was that not real water?  Or real blades of grass?  HOW?!
  • Is that Yellowstone?  Or is Yellowstone just a remnant of a bunch of places that used to be like that?
  • Hi, Heimlich!
  • What the heck is wrong with those chickens?
  • Mufasa.  If you're not thinking of Mufasa during at least one of those scenes, you need to bone up on your Disney movies.
  • Dinosaurs as ranchers, with movements as if they are the horse and cowboy at once.  Awesome.  Also, Sam Elliott!
  • "This is Dream Crusher.  He protects me from having unrealistic goals."
  • A bit predictable, but I still enjoyed the movie.  Sometimes I like predictable plots.  Otherwise, you just have a bunch of weird irony and life is unfulfilled.  Whoa.  I need to stop being philosophical right now.
  • Sticks. Sticks in the sand made me cry.  What. The. 
  • I cried so much that the stranger dude next to me asked how I was doing after the movie was over.  He cried, too, BTW.
Yeah, that movie made me a mess, predictability and all.  Don't go if you were upset about Mufasa.  Seriously.



No comments:

Post a Comment