Sunday, October 4, 2015

Bring Him Home

Linda and I watched "The Martian" in 3D today.  I think it's really cool that this movie premiered the week that liquid water was found on Mars in real life.  


  • Happy Days!  Aw, The Fonz.  I love that my favorite show as a kid played a part in this film.
  • The disco music!  Especially ABBA and "I Will Survive" (in the credits).
  • Wow, those storms on Mars look really dangerous.  Like they could cut you.  
  • Potatoes.  Every day.  Reminds me of my time in Poland.
  • The opening scene reminded me of "Gravity".  Also the scene toward the end.  I suppose that all movies dealing with being stranded in space will remind me of that movie, and now, this one.
  • I was also reminded of "Apollo 13", when NASA is trying to figure out what Mark can do with what he has available by trying it out on their model.
  • "Mars will come to fear my Botany powers."
  • "I'm gonna have to science the sh*t out of this."  Go, SCIENCE!
  • What, no mention of Marvin the Martian?
  • Matt Damon did a fantastic job, as did the rest of the cast.  
  • The cinematography was gorgeous for Mars, Earth and space.  
  • I think that I might have typed those same words when reacting to all of the craziness, especially regarding his crew members not knowing what was happening.
  • My favorite meme these days on FB: "From Saving Private Ryan to Interstellar to The Martian, America has spent a ridiculous amount of money to retrieve Matt Damon."
  • Love the "The Lord of the Rings" reference.
  • "I'm the Director of NASA."
  • I cried 3 times.  OK, maybe 5.
Great movie.  I look forward to reading the book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment