Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Epic Haiku Post

Rockapella West Coast Road Trip
August 28-31, 2015

Epic Haiku Post

I promised Haiku
From our PellaPosse trip
Hope you enjoy it!

-------
August 29, 2015

rockapella says 
I've reached platinum status
Super fan upgrade
 · 
Road trips are more fun
With Pella posse members
Sherry had coffee. ‪

Ghirardelli chocolate and ice cream outlet. 
Didn't stop. Sadness 

Kinda scary when
The driver suddenly gasps
False alarm thank God 

Sunshine! Moonlight!
Singing along with the record
Practice for tonight 

"Taco Night" is on
Guacamole on her jeans
Sang this in my house 

Rental's a hybrid
How do you turn this thing off?
Oh duh push button

Great day for road trip. 
Nice clouds brilliant blue sky. 
Rest stop photo op‪
  
Driving in NorCal
Center lane equals slow lane
When did that happen?

"More than a woman" 
Scott Leonard singing Bee Gees. 
Auditory bliss.  

Much Rockapella 
in Sherry's playlist but we
Skip holiday songs
· 
Flirty flirty eyes
Rockin' out to new EP
No red lights to run 
  
Sherry is hungry
Yikes this could be dangerous
Not at Donner pass. 

Great memories here. 
Pegs glorified Ham & Eggs. 
Fred's not on Facebook
  
Chipotle for lunch
Finally here in Reno
Waiting for Cindy

"Why is it Aztec?"
Karla says, "It's Chipotle."
I feel so dumb now

At Reno airport. 
Waiting in the cell phone lot. 
Have you landed yet?
· 
And now we are three. 
"I can't contribute to this".
Cindy tells us lies. ‪

An outdoor venue 
Means seats in the sun for now
Hiding in the shade
· 
Like the Britt center. 
Where Kevin sang of the birds
 in the giant hedge 
  
Musical chairs time.
I'm taking the front row seat.
Bring on the Pella!!!!

Before the show must:
Figure out where Fred will be
So I can visit 

The opening act. 
The silver dollar chorus.
 A barbershop group‪ 

Barbersharp quartet
Easy for you to say that
Bananas plantains

The comstock Cowboys. 
This Western swing makes me want 
to get up and dance.

Johnny Cash let's sing
Can't hum with your mouth open
Ring of fire named Sue

Look up and we see 
Fred and Steven in the wings
Sherry and I smile

Tally me banana 
The nice man just gave us some 
free barbershop fruit 

Action shots of Fred.
If he knows not of these pics
Is his soul stolen? 

One more Pella show. 
Such magical harmonies.
 How I love these guys.


----
August 30, 2015

· 
Only a teacher
Would find her escape thinking 
Up poems all day  ‪ 

Love the new EP
Makes the road trip much more fun
So this is Living ‬ 

Debriefed at Denny's
Sherry tries to write it down
Or we will forget 

Early morning walk
Hard to find motivation
We still rocked it, though.

On the hotel wall 
others would see trees but I 
see my initial‪

Glasses from Ryan. 
Orange shows my Jester pride. 
Thanks so much bass man

Diehard fans in front
See Steve start a video
We wave right on cue
· 
Bottom left corner
We just noticed video
PellaPusher waves

Goodbye to Reno
Dropping KP at airport
Napa valley bound
Disappointed that
Weff has yet to write Haiku
Poem challenge fail

 I'm not a poet.
I thought that you would know it.
Does it have to rhyme?

When taking Beg Girl
Back to her seat, remember:
The door may be locked

Second day in row
Hotel decor matches me
Curly redheads rock

This is the good life
And it's all you'll ever need
Love you FFE 

"How deep is your love" 
Rockapella's Scott Leonard, 
how we love his voice‪

We pass Nyack road
"Let's get away from it all"
Comes on. How perfect

I fly home today 
So you must help the posse
Write some more haikus 

Tentatively touch 
The door of bathroom stall
Is someone in there?

Friends waving goodbye 
Must write haikus without me 
What a great weekend  

Writing more haikus
I need a stenographer
Missing you, Karla!

gate B seventeen 
Please Mister Please is playing 
over in my head‪ 
· 
No third show for me
But this will get lots of play
In my classroom. Thanks 

Haikus are better
With Sherry as co-writer
We make a good team ‪ 

*So jealous of you
Been way too long since I've heard
Rockapella sing*

On board my flight home. 
Had much fun with my posse. 
Last haiku for me‪ 

Naan fortune teller
Where is good Indian food
Tell me what I like

Wished for food and wine
Yummy food, then wine tasting
Napa is my jam.

Wine before Pella
Sherry, is this really wise?
Danger looms ahead.

Now a drunk haiku
Anyone want a peanut?
I think I've lost it.
 · 
City Winery
Used to be Opera House
Still Rockapella

Hug the guys for me
All travel safe tomorrow 
Hi to Fred of course

Drunk girls at the show
Emerald and amethyst
Cathy not a gem

*Cindy (no name) is
speaking in haiku, you see
I do not know why.*

Accepted challenge 
Rockapella Road Trip Posts
We have lost our minds.

Headed to bed now
Hope to see many haikus
When I wake in morn'

Not done drinking yet
Applebee's Angry Orchard
Can't help it. Thirsty.

----
August 31, 2015


Little Red Corvette
Rockapella debuted song
Miss Paper Doll, though.

Wake up and it's dark
But Cindy left hours ago
She took her olives

Olives are my treat
Stuffed with almonds and yummy
But not for breakfast

*Celebration treat
Special times with special friends
Olives with candles*

Zombie Jamboree
Calvin didn't want to sing
Watch Sherry next time!

Meet and Greet Moment:
Jeff said Zombie's like VD
Keeps on coming back.

Why are legs so sore
Only a 5K Sunday
Oh, weights day before

Fun posse weekend
Laughs and good times but now work
The end of the road 

Hotel check out time
Dude didn't hold door open
Chivalry is dead.

Wendy pets a dog
Croissants and macarons. YUM!
Happiness abounds.

Garden of veggies
Fancy food for fancy folks
Someday, French Laundry.

Rental car return
Trunk wouldn't open again.
How embarrassing.
 
Landed in LA,
But waiting on the tarmac.
Incredibly bored. 

Hope you all enjoyed
‪#‎PellaPossePoetry‬
It was fun to write.

‪#‎roadtriphaiku‬ done
 Missing Pella already.
Until next time, Boys.

Don't know how to stop
Counting five seven and five
Help! I'm addicted.

One more for the road -- 
My posse is amazing.
Thank you for the smiles!

Five...Seven...Five
___________________

Legend:
Collaboration
KP
Sher
Cindy
Wendy
*people not on trip*

No comments:

Post a Comment