Monday, January 26, 2015

The Pink Place

Pella weekend is over, so now I can concentrate on watching the Oscar-nominated movies this year.  Yikes.  I hadn't watched any of the Best Picture nominees yet, so I wonder if I'll be able to watch all 8 by February 22.

I had already recorded The Grand Budapest Hotel, and finally had a chance to watch it this week.


  • Lots of cameos, all good ones.  What a great cast!
  • I want a pastry from that bakery.
  • I love Ralph Fiennes' character, although not the way that all of his older blonde patrons love him.
  • I need a lobby boy.  
  • Was that Harvey Keitel's actual body?  Looking good!  I couldn't stop looking at his flexing muscles.
  • It took me forever to figure out that Zero was F Murray Abraham, probably because of the beard.
  • I like the color scheme in this movie.  It must have been really pretty on the big screen.
  • Why, Dafoe?  Why must you scare me in almost every movie that I see you?
  • "I don't know what sort of cream they put on you at the morgue, but I want some."
  • "Get your hands off my lobby boy!"
Funny movie, great writing.  I look forward to seeing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment