Thursday, January 22, 2015

Harmonic Journal 01/22/15

Harmonic Journal
Thursday, January 22, 2015

"Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers

I went to my Uncle Lito's funeral today. Other than crying while viewing him in his casket, I held it together until this song was played.  I remember Uncle Lito asking me to sing this song for him.  

Uncle Lito was a lawyer and specialized in Immigration Law, because he had such a hard time getting a visa to live his dream and be an American citizen.  A patriot (he got his citizenship and education from being in the US Army) and a practicing Catholic, Uncle Lito helped a lot of people in his work and believed that with faith in God, nothing was impossible.  My family was especially affected by him.  I've known him since my toddler days when he was courting my mom's cousin, Evelyn.  My heart is with her and her sons as they deal with this great loss in their lives.  RIP, Joe Manahan.  Thank you for being there when I needed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment