Friday, December 26, 2014

I Wish

Linda and I didn't have any huge plans for Christmas Day, so she agreed to see "Into the Woods" with me.  Linda had already seen it in a sneak preview, and she liked it, so that was a good sign for me.


  • I had never seen the stage play, although I have wanted to for quite some time.  I now want to watch it even more since Linda told me that they cut out some parts for the movie that I might like.
  • I heart Anna Kendrick.
  • What a weird place these people live in:  a witch lives in the neighborhood, people steal vegetables from someone else's garden, and someone lives inside an oak tree.
  • Classic Sondheim chord progressions and arrangements.  Love it.
  • I thought that Rapunzel's hair being one of the articles needed was some kind of missing plot point (but she touches it every day!), but it turns out that it was a clue that the potion wouldn't work.  
  • Red Riding Hood's grandma needs to make me some capes.  OK, maybe not made of animal hair, but still, I would like one.
  • Oh, that's why I know the kid who plays Jack!  He was in "Les MIserables".  He's got a great voice.
  • Red had a great voice, too.  I also loved how she would still sing while eating cookies.
  • When Chris Pine started to sing "Agony", I thought that maybe he was channeling Shatner because they both played Captain Kirk.  But the princes were supposed to be hammy, so that worked.  Their song was hilarious, and I would like to hear the reprise that Linda told me about when she told me about the differences from the play.
  • "I'm in the wrong story."
I wish that I could have bought the soundtrack in the lobby.  I also want to hear the Original Broadway Cast recording, because Bernadette Peters!

No comments:

Post a Comment