Sunday, December 28, 2014

Fa La Laaa

It was a beautiful, crisp day in So Cal today, and I hadn't gone on a walk in a while, so I decided to walk to the movie theater and meet Linda there to see "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb", the final installment in the trilogy.  

  • No, I didn't know it was a trilogy, but this was a nice ending to the series.
  • I was bummed that they didn't have the original actor who played Nick from the first movie.
  • The first sight of Robin Williams got me all teary.  I cried much more than I thought I would.
  • Seeing Mickey Rooney didn't help.  
  • Neither did the end credit dedication to Mickey, and then "For Robin Williams Magic Never Ends".  Sigh.  RIP, you two talented gentlemen.
  • Yay!  Dick Van Dyke, dancing it up!
  • The YouTube video connection to the flashlight on the lions was brilliant.
  • Even more brilliant: the fight taking place in the M.C. Escher "House of Stairs".  Genius.
  • "Iiepwop."
  • I love that the caveman doppelganger's name in the credits is spelled "Laaa".
  • Trixie and Rex doing the "Dirty Dancing" lift: funny!
  • Trixie seems to be the name for female triceratops: that's the same name they used in "Toy Story 3".
  • HIPPOS!  3 of them!
  • Huge Ackman.  Wolverine.  YES.
That was enjoyable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment